Zenitel, a provider of intelligent critical communication solutions, has launched five IP speakers that provide two-way communication and allow users to hear, be heard, and be understood in any situation.
“IP speakers as an important part of public address systems are essential for mitigating security and safety challenges, especially in demanding environments,” said Lars Paulsson, executive vice president for safety and security at Zenitel. “We are excited and look forward to see the many different ways this next generation series of IP speakers from Zenitel can create value for our customers.”
The new line of speakers includes:
- Ceiling Speaker, ELSIR-10CM — This IP56-rated ceiling speaker is built for indoor use and is great at blending into the environment. A concealed, built-in microphone enables access to intelligent audio features, while maintaining a clean speaker design. This full range speaker allows for the broadcast of voice messages and background music.
- Horn Speaker, ELSII-10HM — The Horn speaker is used for perimeter and asset protection. The design and frequency response of the speaker allows the user to deliver voice messages over distances. Its robust, IP67-rated design makes it suitable for outdoors.
- Long Horn Speaker, ELSII-10LHM — The Long Horn speaker delivers communication in large areas especially where speaker placement is challenging. As with the standard Horn speaker, the Long Horn speaker is good for perimeter and asset protection. Its robust, IP67-rated design makes it a great outdoor solution.
- Cabinet Speaker, ELSII-10WM — This IP67-rated Cabinet speaker is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. It is wall mounted and special consideration has been given to the aesthetics, which allow the speaker to blend into its environment. It is good for both broadcasting voice messages and background music.
- Projector Speaker, ELSII-10PM — This IP65-rated Projector speaker is a bi-directional speaker designed for both indoor and outdoor applications. It enables good coverage in areas such as corridors, halls, walkways, and rail platforms where ceiling speakers cannot be installed. It offers the perfect mid-point between the dispersion and coverage of a horn speaker, with the aesthetic design offered by a cabinet speaker.
Each new speaker incorporates Zenitel’s audio technology to provide interactivity, integration, and clear communications.
Some additional highlights for the new series include: a built-in microphone for ambient listening and talk-back functionality; automatic volume control; a built-in amplifier that reduces the need for cabling; and flexible zoning to ensure that each speaker can be addressed alone, or grouped to form larger zones.
Zenitel’s use of open standards such as SIP, Multicast, and RTP streaming enables easy integration, and its three modes of operation — SIP, IC-EDGE, and ICX-Alphacom — allow users to scale to current and future needs, from standalone systems to enterprise grade solutions.
For more information, visit www.zenitel.com/ip-speakers.