The Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) announced the selection of its newest board member and executive committee members to assist in governing and providing strategic direction for the Foundation at its recent board meeting.
Elected to the board of directors was:
- Julie Giblin, vice president of loss prevention at Ulta Beauty
“The Foundation continues to strive for a broad range of industry perspectives so we can serve the loss prevention/asset protection industry in an informed and comprehensive manner,” said Gene Smith, LPC, president of The Loss Prevention Foundation. “Julie has proven that she has tremendous industry vision and has clearly demonstrated her commitment to improving the loss prevention/asset protection industry through supporting education.”
“The Foundation continues to amass strong retail support for its mission – educating the loss prevention industry by providing challenging and convenient resources such as our LPQ and LPC certification programs,” said Frank Johns, LPC, chairman of The Loss Prevention Foundation. “Julie brings a unique perspective as a result of her extensive expertise in loss prevention and human resources.”
Each new board member must demonstrate their support for industry-specific loss prevention certification and are personally committed to obtaining the LPC designation. They must have a passion for improving our professional perception as an industry and feel professional certification is a critical step in achieving that goal.
Elected to the executive committee were:
- Mark Stinde, MBA, LPC, vice president of asset protection at 7-Eleven
- Scott Glenn, JD, LPC, chief security officer at Sears Holdings Management Corporation
The board also accepted the resignation of the following board member:
- Mark Mellor, DVP, loss prevention and global business continuity at Family Dollar
Mellor was recognized for his past contributions and support to the board of directors.
Also, reelected for another three-year term serving as board members were:
- Mike Grady, LPC, executive vice president at Vector Security, Inc.
- Mike Lamb, LPC, vice president of asset protection at Kroger
- Kevin Lynch, LPC, executive director of business development at Tyco Integrated Security
- Joe Metro, LPC, account executive at Enterprise Alliances – Equifax
- Claude Verville, LPC, chief operating officer at Universal Surveillance Systems