In today’s world, quality training and partnerships between law enforcement and retail loss prevention is essential in combatting the ever changing landscape of Organized Retail Crime. The Seventh Annual Coalition of Law Enforcement and Retail (C.L.E.A.R.) Conference will be held in Reno, Nevada at the Silver Legacy Resort, October 24TH–27TH.
This year’s conference has an outstanding training agenda, including an eight hour block on social media investigations presented by Panopticon, designed to specifically to meet the needs of today’s investigations professional. Additional training will address current trends in retail crime, including; Fencing, Return Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, Critical Incidents and Identity Theft. We have scheduled presentations from the National Retail Federation, the Las Vegas Metro Police Department’s Retail Apprehension Prevention Partnership Team (RAAP), and insights from the defense side of criminal prosecution.
C.L.E.A.R. is a national coalition of retail loss prevention and law enforcement professionals, working together to combat organized retail crime. Our goal is to provide affordable, relevant training while building loss prevention and law enforcement partnerships. The following are the goals and objectives to this partnership:
- To encourage mutual cooperation between all law enforcement agencies and retail corporations throughout the United States toward the goal of detection, prevention, and investigation of property crimes and the apprehension of the perpetrators.
- To promote and encourage municipal, county, state, and federal organizations to create and support enforcement and detection units to combat property such as but not limit to; organized retail crime, fencing of stolen property, cargo theft, identity theft and fraud, burglary, theft, and organized property crime schemes.
- To organize on a national basis those departments and associations who qualify for membership.
- To accumulate and disseminate information of interest to all members in an effort to facilitate the duties of Law Enforcement and Retail property crime investigators.
- To track and propose, both state and national legislation concerning property crime investigations as brought forth by individual states and organizations.
- To encourage and promote state and other national associations that share similar goals as the Coalition of Law Enforcement and Retail.
- To provide educational seminars to its members for the purpose of furthering the above enumerated objectives.
Space is filling up fast, so be sure to sign up now to get the conference hotel rates and assure your place at the conference. Registration and complete conference information are available at: www.clearusa.org.