Sensormatic Solutions is extending its partnership with MTI (Mobile Technologies, Inc.) to add to its loss prevention and liability offerings for high-value electronics, helping retailers protect displayed electronics, including smartphones, tablets, and cameras, broadening its total categories of protection.
“Retailers need technology in place that not only allows them to safeguard their most valuable merchandise, but also provides the end user with the experience they need to make purchase decisions,” said Craig Szklany, vice president, global solutions management for Sensormatic. “By partnering with MTI, we are able to broaden our offerings and provide a unique portfolio of retail security solutions for high-value electronics that complements Sensormatic Solutions industry-leading portfolio of loss prevention and liability offerings. MTI’s technology makes it easy for customers to engage with the product and streamlines many operational challenges from key card management, retrofitting displays, and adjusting planograms.”
With more than 40 years of retail merchandising experience, MTI offers a full suite of modern solutions that help protect displayed products such as mobile devices, smartphones, electronics, and cameras while allowing customers to interact freely with the devices. MTI’s products are simple to install and use out-of-the-box, and its modular designs reduce repair and maintenance.
Key solutions from MTI’s security catalog, now available to Sensormatic Solutions global customers, include the following:
- Versa Key™: The most cost-effective RFID smart key solution on the market that never needs charging and delivers employee accountability associated with access to secure products and allows for easy adjustment to planograms.
- Freedom Micro® II HS: This brand-elevating, modular display offers armored security and dynamic IoT connectivity readiness that is thoroughly tested to stand up to the most aggressive theft attempts seen with today’s high-value smartphones.
- XD Guardian Universal®: A high security, all-mechanical display delivers more than 1,000 pounds of pull strength, defending the most valuable smartphones and tablets. It is designed to stand up to violent theft attempts, such as kicking and hammering.
- CX Flex™: This offers low-cost, universal security for up to four products at a time. These reusable cable sensors do not require adhesive and make remerchandising quick and easy.
- Freedom Focus™: It is the only system that allows retailers to quickly merchandise all camera styles, sizes, and form factors, even when the tripod mount is off-center. Its design reduces costs, and improves presentation, safety, and ease of use.
- MTI Locks™: The innovative RFID locks for drawers and doors are IoT-enabled to simplify store operations while stopping theft. They offer long life and easy battery replacement with more than one year of operation per battery with 30,000+ cycles. MTI Locks™ can also be retrofitted for cabinets, drawers, and cases, which is useful as retailers fulfill more orders through buy online, pickup in-store (BOPIS).
“We’ve found that as smartphone prices rise, thieves become bolder, making loss prevention a greater challenge for many retailers that sell electronics,” said Mary Jesse, CEO of MTI. “We’re excited to partner with Sensormatic Solutions to offer retailers a full suite of hardware, software and professional services that not only prevent theft and ORC, but also provide clients a consistent brand experience anywhere in the world. Together we will hold the line against retail theft to increase our customer’s profitably.”
Sensormatic Solutions is a vital component of Johnson Controls’ OpenBlue technologies and innovations which promotes healthy people, healthy places and a healthy planet. Collaborating with technology partners, like MTI, and focusing on innovation helps optimize the performance of retailers’ building and its assets, paving the way for the future.
To learn more, please view Sensormatic Solutions loss prevention and liability offerings on Sensormatic.com.