Twelve industry solutions providers were finalists in the inaugural 2016 Retail Asset Protection Innovation Award competition at the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) Asset Protection Conference in Dallas. The award program is intended to recognize the most visionary technology solutions presented at the conference.
“Our industry has to continue to innovate to stay ahead of the pace at which retail is changing,” said Lisa LaBruno, RILA’s senior vice president of retail operations. “I congratulate the finalists for developing cutting-edge technologies to address emerging asset protection risks. Their solutions stood out among a crowded field of qualified applicants.”
RILA’s horizon committee reviewed the entries and narrowed the finalists to 12 solutions:
– Axis Communications’ Zipstream technology
– Centronex’s retail employee safety service
– Checkpoint Systems’ iSAutoPeg tag solution
– ClickIt’sVirtual LineupTM consumer tracking application
– Dataminr’s social media monitoring analytics
– Digital Signal Corporation’s facial recognition technology
– DiSa Digital Safety
– Prism Skylabs’ video compression and analysis solution
– Profitect’s prescriptive analytics technology
– Snaptagg’s light-based self-alarming tag
– Zebra Technologies’ AirDefense network protection platform
– Zebra Technologies’ MPACT device tracking technology
A team of industry judges as well as horizon committee members voted for their top three solutions. Retail attendees also voted on their top choice for the Retailer’s Choice Award. Profitect won both the judge’s top vote as well as the Retailer’s Choice Award. ClickIt was the judge’s second choice and Prism Skylab came in third. The award winners were announced by LaBruno at the close of Tuesday’s conference activities.
Image Caption: Guy Yehiav, chief executive officer of Profitect, receives the top innovation award from RILA’s Lisa LaBruno.