The Security Executive Council, which tracks trends among security practitioners, has identified seven issues that have challenged security leaders over the last 12 months.
- Justifying the resources to improve or expand security programs.
- Finding a reliable way to determine how well the contract officer program is performing.
- Bringing core programs up to practice levels that keep pace with business change.
- Keeping up with new or emerging security issues, trends and best practices.
- Keeping up with key security regulations and standards.
- Developing a cross-functional security operations center that works for our organization.
- Designing clear program plans or roadmaps that provide clarity and obtain stakeholder buy-in from the beginning.
This week the Security Leadership Research Institute, the SEC’s research arm, is asking security practitioners to share their expertise by helping to identify the challenges in their organizations. This input will help the SLRI target their resources at the concerns that are most pressing for security leaders.
The SLRI’s quick poll on security challenges will only take a moment to complete. Click here to take the poll and make your voice heard.
About the Security Executive Council
The Security Executive Council is the leading research and advisory firm focused on corporate security risk mitigation strategies and plans. We work with security leaders to transform security programs into more capable and valued centers of excellence. Watch our 3-minute video for a quick overview or visit us at www.securityexecutivecouncil.com.