Hey, LPM readers—we want to thank you.
We already knew you were great, but recently, you came through for LPM in a big way. Last month, we asked existing subscribers to share your thoughts on our daily e-newsletter, the LPM Insider. And share you did.
During the brief time frame that the survey was open, we heard from nearly 90 of you on topics like newsletter frequency, design, and topic areas of coverage.
We promised to share our results with you. To that end, here’s just a few of the things we discovered:
- 83 percent of you gave the Insider an overall rating of “above average” or “excellent.”
- Two-thirds of respondents gave the 5x/week Insider frequency a “just right.”
- Editor’s note: for the 32% of readers who say they’re seeing too much from us, did you know that you can manage your subscription so that you only receive our Friday weekly recap email? The LPM Weekly includes all posts that were published that week in addition to new Friday information.
- The most popular topics or features included: Breaking News, Video Tips from WZ, and Upcoming Events posts.
- All elements that were rated in the survey (appearance, images, etc.) received ratings between “good” and “very good.”
Why You’re Here
When we asked you why you read the LPM Insider, we saw words and phrases like “updated information”; “relevance”; “timeliness”; and “trustworthiness.”
One respondent commented, “I’ve just recently developed an interest in asset protection and have found LPM to be the most informative to the novice, yet the most up to date for the experienced.”
What We Can Work On
Topics suggested for our coverage ranged widely, from “more content on front-lines/associate-level LP” to “what’s hot in terms of theft items” and even “Canadian retail and law issues.” We heard “cover less of this,” and “cover more of that.” We’re listening.
We are reviewing all suggestions in consideration of our upcoming planned articles. Our increased focus on deep investigative reporting will hopefully be made evident in the next few months with the release of the Women in LP survey results series and more.
More than 87 percent of you agree that LPM Insider strengthens your connection with the retail loss prevention industry.
Nearly 93 percent of you agree that the issues and areas covered by LPM Insider are important for retail LP professionals.
Almost 86 percent of you said that the information you read in the Insider helps you to do your job better or become better informed about the industry overall.
A whopping 100 percent of respondents said that the LPM Insider is a credible, accurate, and objective source of information.
We’re pleased with these results.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t have a ways to go. LPM is committed to improving our offerings and meeting our readership where they want to find us.
In addition, we don’t want the conversation to end here. You’re always free to contact us with additional questions, comments, or suggestions.
One More Tiny Favor?
It’s clear that the LP community finds some value in the service we provide. LPM is so grateful for your support and hope to keep making our newsletters, print magazine issues, and LPM Online even better for our readership.
Would you do us a favor and share the LPM Insider with a friend or colleague in the LP industry? They can sign up at the link below for access to the site and the daily e-newsletters.