The Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) will hold its final 2019 Learning Day event at the University of Florida on Monday, September 30, the day before the LPRC Impact conference. The event is intended for anyone interested in a career in public safety, business, or related fields as well as current LP professionals looking to take their career to the next level.
The Learning Day event will run from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm with a fast-moving agenda that features nationally recognized speakers sharing information about career opportunities, professional development, emerging technologies, and cutting-edge asset protection insights. Do not miss the opportunity to get a closer look into the loss prevention, asset protection profession, earn CEUs towards your Loss Prevention Certification (LPC), have a chance to win an LPF course scholarship, and meet some of the industry’s top retail and solution provider executives.
Topics covered during the day include the following. The full agenda can be downloaded here.
- Mapping your career in LP by Rick Peck, LPC, TJX
- Top LP executives discuss their career and current AP topics. Speakers include Tina Sellers, Family Dollar; Mike Lamb, LPC, Kroger; Paul Jackle, LPC, Meijer; Cathy Langley, LPC, Rite Aid; Jim Lee, LPC, LP Magazine, and Kevin Lynch, LPC, Sensormatic
- Emerging technologies by Randy Dunn, Sensormatic, and Dr. Read Hayes, LPRC
- Leveraging data by Guy Yehiav, Profitect
- Solutions provider partnerships with Cita Doyle, LPQ, InstaKey Security Systems, and Kris Vece, LPQ, Protos Security
- Investigations by Wayne Hoover, CFI, Wicklander-Zulawski
- Facial recognition adoption with Dara Riordan, FaceFirst
- LP certification Q&A with Terry Sullivan, LPC, and Mat Schriner, LPC, the LP Foundation
Attendance is free. To register, visit the Learning Day registration site. The event will take place at the UF/IFAS Extension Straughn Professional Development Center, 2142 Shealy Drive, Gainesville, FL.