Detex introduces a maximum security, multipoint lock so big and strong that it stands up to assault by the bad guys and reduces employee and customer theft.
Exclusive to Detex, the ECL-230X-TDB is a heavy-duty, easy-to-install, three-bolt multipoint lock whose construction takes panic hardware to a whole new level of toughness and eases your back-door security worries about the bad guys peeling the bottom of your back door to gain entry.
Built for maximum strength, it is designed with a larger deadbolt that goes deeper into the frame than other locks in the category. Connecting rods are solid steel, rather than the less reliable hollow rod and cable construction. Life safety and code compliant, the new Detex ECL-230X-TDB serves as both panic hardware and a maximum-strength locking device.
Three Locking Points Per Door
The ECL-230X-TDB includes a photo-luminescent sign available in more than ten color and language combinations, 100-decibel alarm, and three locking points per door. Together, the three bolts withstand 16,000 pounds of pull force.
- The top deadbolt is approximately 1” wide by 1/2” thick and provides additional stability to the top corner of the door.
- The side deadbolt is 2-1/4” tall by 1/2” thick with a 1” throw that allows for 3/4” penetration into strike. Detex recommends flush installation for maximum security. With more than 1-1/2 square inches of bolt engagement, the side deadbolt provides superior defense against pulling and prying on the side of the door.
- The bottom bolt is a 5/8” HEX bolt with 3/4” throw that engages the floor with 5/8” penetration to provide better attack resistance and superior defense against the “peeling up” of the bottom of the door.
For Even Stronger Security
Add suffix DX3 (ECL-230X-TDB-DX3) for six locking points for even stronger security to provide an additional line of defense against break-ins. Even if the exterior door hinges are compromised, the DX bolts keep the door locked and secure. These passive deadbolts are easy to install and offer another layer of attack resistance. Through-bolt mounting installation improves the door’s holding strength. You choose the right application and level of protection by choosing one, two, or three bolts for a total of four, five, or six locking points.
Other 230X models include:
- ECL-230X (dead bolt only)
- ECL-230X-W (weatherized dead bolt)
- ECL-230X-TB (top and bottom bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TB (weatherized top and bottom bolt)
- ECL-230X-TD (top and dead bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TD (weatherized top and dead bolt)
- ECL-230X-W-TDB (weatherized top bolt, dead bolt, and bottom bolt)
Benefits and Customization
Additional benefits include:
- Corrosion-resistant alloy lock body.
- Surface/flush reversible strike.
- Durable photo-luminescent sign absorbs light, then “glows in the dark” when lights are dimmed.
- Resetting the alarm can only be accomplished with a control key.
- Locking and unlocking the dead bolt always arms and disarms the alarm.
- Accepts 5-pin through 7-pin standard and interchangeable core rim cylinders without using a cylinder collar.
- Optional inside pull handle.
Almost all hardware and accessories can be customized with different finishes, colors, sizes, and more. Ask your Detex representative how this new generation of life safety and security hardware can make a powerful difference at your back door.
For more than a century, Detex has earned the trust of architects and owners who rely on Detex products for the life safety and security of people and property. A US-based company, Detex designs, manufactures, markets, and ships products from New Braunfels, Texas. Detex is known internationally for life safety and security door hardware, loss prevention and architectural hardware, integrated door security systems, and guard tour verification.
For more information visit Detex’s website or call 800-729-3839.