Detex introduces a maximum security, multi-point lock so big and strong that it stands up to assault by the bad guys and reduces employee and customer theft. The ECL-230X-TDB is a heavy-duty, easy-to-install, three-bolt multipoint lock whose construction takes panic hardware to a whole new level of toughness and eases your back-door security worries. It is designed with a larger deadbolt that goes deeper into the frame than other locks in the category. Connecting rods are solid steel, rather than the less reliable hollow rod/cable construction. Life safety and code compliant, the new Detex ECL-230X-TDB serves as both panic hardware and a maximum-strength locking device.
Features of the ECL-230X-TDB
The ECL-230X-TDB includes a photo-luminescent sign available in more than ten color/language combinations, 100-decibel alarm, and three locking points per door.
- Top Deadbolt—Approximately 1” wide by ½” thick deadbolt, the top bolt provides additional stability to the top corner of the door.
- Side Deadbolt—2¼” tall by ½” thick deadbolt with a 1” throw allows for ¾” penetration into strike. Detex recommends flush installation for maximum security. With 1.6875 square inches of bolt engagement, the side deadbolt provides superior defense against pulling and prying on the side of the door.
- Bottom Bolt—5/8” HEX bolt with ¾” throw, engages the floor with 5/8” penetration to provide better attack resistance and superior defense against the “peeling up” of the bottom of the door.
Combining the ECL-230X-TDB with Detex’s DX bolts provides an additional line of defense against break-ins via additional locking points. Even if the exterior door hinges are compromised, the DX bolts keep the door locked and secure. These passive deadbolts are easy to install and offer another layer of attack resistance.
How Tough Is the ECL-230X-TDB?
Independent laboratory testing proves a door secured by the ECL-230X-TDB, and when combined with three DX bolts can withstand 16,000 pounds of pull force. Add suffix DX3 (ECL-230X-TDB-DX3) for six locking points for even stronger security. Single- and double-bolt and weatherized models are also available. Optional accessories include hinge side-locking bolts and inside pull handle.
Other 230X models include:
- ECL-230X (Dead Bolt Only),
- ECL-230X-W (Weatherized Dead Bolt),
- ECL-230X-TB (Top and Bottom Bolt),
- ECL-230X-W-TB (Weatherized Top and Bottom Bolt),
- ECL-230X-TD (Top and Dead Bolt),
- ECL-230X-W-TD (Weatherized Top and Dead Bolt), and
- ECL-230X-W-TDB (Weatherized Top Bolt, Dead Bolt, and Bottom Bolt).
Almost all hardware and accessories can be customized with different finishes, colors, sizes, and more. Ask us how this new generation of life safety and security hardware can make a powerful difference at your back door.
Securing Property for More than a Century
An American company for more than a century, Detex has earned the trust of millions of property owners to secure and protect their people and property. From the newest innovations in life safety and security door hardware, integrated door security systems, and guard tour verification technologies to the original Watchman’s clocks, Detex designs, manufactures, markets, and ships products from New Braunfels, Texas, and is recognized as a best-in-class life safety, security, and security assurance manufacturer, worldwide. Learn more at detex.com/solutions or