Not all video surveillance systems are created equal. As the demand for IP surveillance networks has increased among all types of organizations, retailers have a number of options to choose from. What they choose depends on the environment and level of complexity, as well as the overall security and business objectives at hand.
It can be overwhelming to find solutions, especially for smaller applications. Retailers with small locations need a solution that is easy and simple. That is why it is important to maintain the quick “plug-and-play” functionality associated with traditional analog surveillance systems, commonly used in small and medium-sized businesses, restaurants, retail, and hospitality.
Video Surveillance Just Became Simpler
Together, Axis Communications and Buffalo Technology offer a solution to this problemÑa video surveillance system for small installations of up to sixteen cameras. The validated turnkey solution is easy to install and offers cost-effective redundant managed storage for your video.
The solution provides benefits far beyond surveillance, with business intelligence options and a lower total cost of ownership over the lifetime of the system. Business intelligence and analytics makes all the difference when it comes to effective loss prevention. Buffalo and Axis have partnered to provide consumers and retail businesses with versatile IP surveillance networks that can be effortlessly set up and maintained over long periods. Surveillance is whatÕs important to us, so you can focus on whatÕs important to you.
The Full Turnkey Solution
This system includes a Buffalo TeraStation 5200s NAS (network-attached storage), up to sixteen Axis cameras, free AXIS Camera Companion software, and a Buffalo network switch. It is optimized to deliver video surveillance for functionality with a wide variety of features and capabilities.
- Network—Simply utilize your existing network infrastructure with the Buffalo PoE enabled switch of your choice.
- Cameras—This system is designed to offer scalable surveillance of up to sixteen Axis network cameras. Start with just a few cameras at a particular store location and scale up at any time, without any extra fees or hardware.
- Video Recording and Storage—The Buffalo TeraStation 5200s NAS provides easily deployed redundant storage for enhanced reliability. It has dedicated support for surveillance NAS units preconfigured with Axis products.
- Software—The AXIS Camera Companion software was created with a focus on ease of use for any operator. It has an intuitive interface that allows you to search for live and recorded video with clear HDTV image quality. Once the software is installed, you can record and playback video from any attached Axis network camera at any time, from anywhere. You can do so by using the mobile viewing app available for download from iOS and Android app stores.
- Support and Protection—Both Axis and Buffalo offer technical support via phone or chat. Axis provides warranty options ranging from one to five years with the extended warranty coverage option. Buffalo’s warranty option includes a standard three-year hardware warranty with free lifetime technical support.
Learn more about the simplicity of the Axis and Buffalo solution for your small surveillance applications. Give the Axis team a call at 800-444-2947 option 1 or visit online at axis.com or buffalotech.com.