Appriss Retail announced the company has extended its Appriss® Secure exception-based reporting (EBR) solution for omnichannel retailers and added several new features. This caps off an exciting year of investment in the Secure product. The new functionality was unveiled at the 2022 Appriss Retail Global User Conference in April and will be demonstrated at the NRF Protect show this week.
The additions include an updated Secure Coach add-on module, a metrics-driven component to identify opportunities for associate improvement and allow store managers to own the education process. Using Secure Coach, store managers can have a direct impact on employee behavior—improving performance, reducing costs, and increasing customer satisfaction, while also retaining employees.
“Employee training and retention are critical in this labor market; we’ve heard that loud and clear from our retailers,” said Vishal Patel, VP-engineering of Appriss Retail. “Customer satisfaction is often related to employee skills, and we designed key performance indicator (KPI) metrics to identify and differentiate operational training issues from fraud indicators.”
Other new or extended functionality resulting from Appriss Retail’s investment in Secure include:
- Ability to access ecommerce data for omnichannel exceptions and investigations
- Six new certified digital video (CCTV) integrations to better allow the LP/AP department to benefit from the growth of video for in-store analytics (Bosch, Cognyte, Genetec, March Networks, Solink, Verint)
- Use case specific searches and alerting to meet today’s retail needs for self-checkout, anti-money laundering, and loss beyond POS
- Outlier and anomaly detection artificial intelligence (AI) applied to multiple targets based on retailer-defined and industry-defined metrics
- Improved reporting to combine metrics from all Appriss Retail solutions, including custom retailer data, to drive analytics across many departments in the organization
- Additional functionality in the search/query engine to allow for business created queries
- Enhanced workflow/work item experiences to improve useability, save time, add speed, and simplify investigations
“We all know that retail changed in 2020 and 2021, with a tremendous increase in online transactions,” said Steve Prebble, CEO of Appriss Retail. “Secure has always been broader than POS exceptions generated in the store, and now the benefits of Secure in omnichannel AP/LP are much easier to access, leading to a larger impact on total loss.”