Attend RLPSA’s 36th Annual Conference in Las Vegas August 2 – 5, 2015
WASHINGTON, July 20, 2015 –The Restaurant Loss Prevention & Security Association (RLPSA), the only association for the restaurant and food service industry focused on loss prevention and security, is hosting its 36th annual conference August 2-5, at the M Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Attendees can look forward to these five phrases they won’t hear at any other restaurant loss prevention conference:
- New Reality: Eric Boles from The Game Changers Inc. will discuss the marketplace today and the increased customer demand, competition, and technological advances in an ever-changing industry in his presentation, “Leading Change in the New Reality.”
- LP Evolution: Van Carney National Director, Safety and Loss Prevention for Domino’s Pizza, Senior Director, U.S. Operations – Security for McDonald’s Corporation, and Mike Keller, Manager, Loss Prevention, for Panera Bread will present “The Evolution of the Restaurant LP/Security Professional”in the. Attendees can learn about the core competencies required of today’s professionals and the skills and education that will be needed by future practitioners.
- Digital Horizon: Grace Burley, managing director at Strategic Crisis Advisors, will address getting the initial buy-in for a crisis plan from the corporate team and providing training and response tools specifically designed for leaders. Technological advances such as mobile ordering and virtual payment are on the digital horizon. David Johnston, Senior Director, Loss Prevention and Risk, for Dunkin’ Brands and Michael Loox, Director of Loss Prevention for Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, will offer insight into these new initiatives and how they impact the loss prevention and security industry.
- Ticket to Safety:“A Ticket to Safety- What you Need to Know About Your Safety Programs,” will be presented by Mike Keeler, Head of Safety for Bloomin’ Brands and Linda Zaziski, Safety Director for Little Caesars Enterprises. This session focuses on the keys to developing safety programs that identify problems and comply with safety guidelines. Keeler and Zaziski will give tips, hints, examples, and real case-study information for creating effective safety programs
- Conceal Carry Laws: “Conceal Carry Laws—How They Impact Your Business and How to Develop a National Approach,” is a scheduled conference session to be conducted by Stacy Fulco and Nicole Milos, attorneys at Cremer & Spina. These legal experts will help clarify the laws regarding security matters and offer tips for developing policies and procedures in response to those laws.
“Our annual meeting during the summer offers our members the opportunity to network with industry leaders, share knowledge and resources, and meet solution providers who can help them address the unique vulnerabilities of restaurant environments,” said Executive Director Jim Forlenza.
The RLPSA annual convention, the industry’s largest attended event, attracts those responsible for identifying, defining, and minimizing loss prevention, security, safety and risk management for the food service industry. It provides a platform for LP and security professionals to learn practical ways to increase the productivity and efficiency of their programs. This gathering of experts and industry professionals also offers the opportunity for members to network with their peers in order to enhance job performance and entire team effectiveness.
The complete conference schedule can be accessed at http://www.rlpsa.com/conference/upcoming/.
About the Restaurant Loss Prevention & Security Association
The Restaurant Loss Prevention & Security Association (RLPSA) is the nation’s only trade association dedicated to loss prevention, security, and risk management professionals in the restaurant industry. For more information about RLPSA membership or the annual conference, contact Executive Director Jim Forlenza at firstname.lastname@example.org or (240) 252-5542 or visit www.rlpsa.com.