ASIS International and the Security Industry Association (SIA) have announced the agenda and speaker lineup for the inaugural Security LeadHER conference, an event designed to showcase women in security. Security LeadHER 2023 will be held June 12-13 at the Hilton Nashville Downtown Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
This new conference from ASIS and SIA will bring together security professionals committed to advancing, connecting, and empowering women in the security profession.
The reception kick off will be on June 12. On June 13, the Security LeadHER conference programming will begin with a motivating keynote from author, renowned speaker, and sought-after consultant, Eliza VanCort. She will cover how to “Claim Your Success…Stand Tall, Raise Your Voice and Be Heard.” In this dynamic presentation, VanCort will share her personal story; from kidnappings, to a near-fatal head injury, to becoming a No. 1 bestselling author. She will address some of today’s most important women’s leadership issues, additionally offering participants concrete skills to achieve their goals professionally, and in every aspect of their lives.
Additional programming will focus on two tracks: Leadership and Security (1), as well as Innovation (2), and will feature industry-leading subject matter expert presenters. Track session topics will include:
- The art of saying no
- Assessing virtual threats and harassment
- How to eliminate unconscious bias against ourselves as women in security
- Anonymizing your digital footprint
- How perfectionism sabotages career advancement
- Defending data in the cloud
- Leading by influence
- The science of sex and its impact on the industry
Speakers for Security LeadHER include:
- Keynote: Eliza VanCort, author, renowned speaker and sought-after consultant
- Patricia Arboleda, CEO and founder, executive and leadership coach, Arboleda Coaching
- Consuelo Brandon, senior consultant, Guidepost Solutions
- Robby Ann Carter, CEO, Robby Ann Carter Inc.
- Emily Keram, consultant and forensic psychiatrist
- Connie Moorhead, CEO, The CMOOR Group
- Nikki Nemarich, CEO and head of Americas marketing, Axis Communications
- Barbara Okumu, HR and administration manager, Lady Askari
- Angela Osborne, associate vice president, risk and emergency management solutions, Guidepost Solutions
- Belinda Othieno, finance manager, Lady Askari
- Kathleen Pucket, CEO, TK Associates
- Stephanie Prentice, safety, security and emergency management consultant, Complete Threat Preparedness
- Sandra Stibbards, owner and president, Camelot Investigations
“The SIA Women in Security Forum is honored to co-present Security LeadHER in partnership with ASIS International’s Women in Security Community,” said Elaine Palome, director of human resources, Americas, at Axis Communications and event co-chair for Security LeadHER. “In line with the event theme Leading Change, this unique inaugural event will help attendees propel their personal and professional growth, promote safe, inclusive workplaces and inspire change in our industry.”
“I’m thrilled to help lead the inaugural Security LeadHER conference, which will provide top-quality informative, engaging content to our attendees,” said Antoinette King, founder of Credo Cyber Consulting and event co-chair for Security LeadHER. “This year’s event program examines critical issues impacting women in the security industry, dives into important leadership and security topics and will engage security professionals in promoting, recruiting and cultivating a more inclusive, diversified industry.”
ASIS and SIA members are eligible for $100 discounts, which allows registration for just $395.
Security LeadHER welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and genders. If you support our mission of advancing women in the global security industry, then this event is for you! This day-and-a-half event is designed to be an open, friendly, and welcoming environment.
During Security LeadHER, there will be numerous opportunities for participants to connect, collaborate, and experience lively social events as well as networking opportunities.