Knightscope offers Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) that provide next-level surveillance capabilities that deter, detect, and report unwanted behavior and criminal activity. This can be a daunting task for those attempting to identify the best use cases in their own security programs. Fortunately, we’ve operated well over 1 million hours in the field and hold contracts across six US time zones, affording us plenty of experience and lessons learned that we would love to share with you as your trusted advisor. Here are the top seven use cases our clients have identified to help you to begin envisioning how this technology will work for you.
Deter substance abuse, vehicle break-ins, trespassing/loitering, vagrancy, vandalism, theft, and assaults.
- Deploy a 24/7 consistent patrolling presence with a robot exhibiting a commanding presence, distinctive LEDs, and clear security markings.
- Automated broadcast announcements, patrol sounds, and a bright flashing strobe light with appropriate signage throughout will make the presence of the robot known to everyone around.
- The proven efficacy of the robots has reduced crime reports in areas by nearly 50 percent and minimized citations by as much as 70 percent, saving police time and eliminating distractions that keep them from more important tasks.
Set “Be On The Lookout” (BOLO) alerts to help with early detection of potential workplace violence, banned individuals, and stolen or abandoned vehicles.
- Automated alerts for people and/or vehicles can be set with persons of interest and known persons list upload capability.
- Facial recognition, people detection, license plate recognition, thermal imaging, and/or signal detection capabilities can identify specific individuals of interest or anyone in an unauthorized area.
- Alerts are generated as a notification in the user interface or via email, text, or phone call to the appropriate persons.
Provide a highly visible, force multiplying effect as an extension of an existing security program.
- On the ground monitoring and eye-level 360-degree eyes, ears, and voice offer an exceptional vantage point for collecting important identifying information.
- The KSOC user interface enables a security team to simultaneously monitor multiple locations providing a force multiplier effect.
- Remote management of patrol schedules, audible alarms, and a two-way intercom allows authorized users control of the robots from anywhere in the country.
Secure a location on a limited budget.
- Knightscope technology is offered at a very cost effective $3 to $9 per hour, which compares favorably to traditional solutions.
- As a subscription service, we take care of everything so you can focus on your operations and have confidence in your budgeting with all support, maintenance, and repairs included in the contract price.
- Knightscope’s subscription service is now also available for half-day duty in lieu of 24/7 coverage.
Sometimes it makes sense to use a robot instead of a guard.
- Consistent, reliable coverage that is immune to labor issues and turnover is desirable.
- Robots can be placed in posts that are particularly dangerous or involve a high threat-level to keep humans safer.
- The effective use of technology has a positive impact when budgets are limited.
- Robots can cover large patrol areas that may otherwise be neglected by traditional patrol services.
Adding a supplemental or full-time monitoring service reduces risk.
- Not everyone has a fully staffed Security Operations Center (SOC) that operates 24/7.
- With Knightscope+, former military and law enforcement professionals will remotely monitor your location, actively provide risk assessments, perform audio deterrence, and escalate incidents when appropriate.
Deliver state-of-the-art protection for an entire facility (the works).
Consider a K1 Stationary ASR for all ingress/egress locations for humans and vehicles.
- Multiple K3 Indoor ASRs to monitor locations within your facility.
- Multiple K5 Outdoor ASRs for your parking lot, campus, parking structure, and remote areas.
- Upgrade to include Knightscope+ active monitoring.
- Be sure to ask to equip your team with the KSOC mobile app in addition to the desktop version.
If your people, team, staff, faculty, patrons, students, tenants—and in general all humans—are the lifeblood of your organization, then they deserve only the latest and greatest in security. Knightscope has a proven track record of success in reducing or eliminating crime. See a sampling of our successes at knightscope.com/crime.
No two deployments are alike, and we’d be happy to explore your specific needs and share more detailed information in a private demonstration with you. Request one now with one of our experienced professionals at knightscope.com/demo. or by calling 650-679-7626.