Checkpoint Systems recently announced its EVOLVE-Store™ solution while at the Retail Asset Protection Conference.
The rise in omni-channel shopping is driving retailers to make key investments in their inventory management to conquer the current and growing demand and fulfill customer expectations. However, with customers choosing how they want to shop and where, it is crucial that physical stores increase their conversion rates by making every visitor to their store count. Based upon this market need, Checkpoint developed EVOLVE-Store.
EVOLVE-Store’s three components include the following:
EVOLVE-Store Network combines different sensing devices into a single network, enabling retailers to capture the event data. It also enables remote technical support to stores for maximum system uptime and fast response.
EVOLVE-Store App provides real-time visibility of the store sensing devices’ activities and encourages attentive staff. Helping store staff to manage these activities efficiently on the shop floor enhances the shopping experience for customers.
EVOLVE-Store Analytics delivers chain-wide visibility (whether a retailer has 10 or 10,000 stores) of the sensing devices’ data, including all staff interactions via the App. It helps drive store policy compliance and measures the effectiveness of processes. Being a software-as-a-service platform, any reporting updates and improvements are instantly applied to data, removing the need for retailers to develop their own.
According to Carl Rysdon, vice president of inventory control solutions for Checkpoint, “While fighting competition from the online stores, store managers must strike a balance between adequately staffing the sales floor and completing back-office tasks. At the same time, they must create a welcoming store environment that encourages customers to keep coming back, while discouraging opportunities for theft. EVOLVE-Store brings together people, processes and products to expand the potential of physical stores by combining various sensing devices into a single, actionable data-led solution, with enterprise-wide data analytics.”
- Visitor Counting: Measuring a store’s hourly visitor flow across the day can help see opportunities to match staffing levels to visitors and drive up conversion.
- Occupancy Management: Having real-time visibility of the number of visitors to stores and/or fitting rooms can help store staff drive up sales conversions while organically reducing the opportunities for theft.
- Booster/Magnet Monitor: Safeguarding stores with Checkpoint’s HyperGUARD Booster/Magnet detection systems can deter, detect or displace the threat of organized retail crime gangs shoplifting on premises. With the EVOLVE-Store App, staff are alerted to the threat entering stores.
- System Control: Using the EVOLVE-Store App, key staff can control their EVOLVE EAS systems in the event of technical issues, to avoid major disruption to the store environment, allowing time for Checkpoint’s Technical Service team to diagnose any issues or faults remotely or by visiting the store.
- Alarm Management: Capturing all the alarm events from EVOLVE EAS detection systems can help identify stores at risk. When used with the optional EVOLVE-Store App, staff responses to alarm events can be included in the analysis.With Checkpoint’s RFID-as-EAS detection systems, staff can also be alerted about the number of RFID-tagged items detected via the EVOLVE-Store App.
- Built upon an Internet-of-Things (IoT) platform.
EVOLVE-Store is backed by a global technical service from Checkpoint that supports this retail investment over its lifetime. The new solution is available immediately.